I’ve tried a lot of foundation primers in my day, but I always go back to Smashbox. The original Photo Finish Foundation Primer is the perfect base for any foundation I choose to use (be it my Frankensteined Make Up For Ever combo of Face and Body Liquid Makeup and HD Invisible Cover Foundation or Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation), and always leaves my face looking smooth and perfect.
I always apply my foundation with a flat foundation brush, and one of the risks of using a brush like that is leaving streaks behind. With this awesome primer, I never have to worry about streak, uneven blending or leaving unsightly cakey spots behind. My face is smooth, prepped and ready to go in as little time as it takes to apply moisturizer.
As a bonus, it’s never irritated my sensitive sin, or caused any breakouts. At one point, I decided to give the light version a try, and my skin did no approve. I will be sticking to this primer for the foreseeable future, and if you haven’t tried it (or any primer) get your butt down to your nearest Sephora store and snag a sample. You’ll be glad you did.
Today’s Face! (Sorry, I was too lazy to fill my eye brows. Yes, I realize it looks odd.)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Fair
- MAC Satin Powder Blush in Well Dressed
- Make Up Forever Super Matter Loose Powder in Transluscent
- Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner in Tres Noir
- Dior DiorShow Blackout Mascara (one coat) in Kohl Black
- Tarte LipSurgence natural matte lip tint in Lively